When is the Best Time to Buy Garden Furniture in the UK?
When purchasing garden furniture in the UK, timing can be crucial. Knowing when to buy outdoor furniture can make a significant difference, whether you're aiming to find the best deals, the most comprehensive selection, or be well-prepared for the sunny days ahead. When is the best time to buy garden furniture in the UK?
The Short Answer is that it Depends
The ideal timing for buying garden furniture can vary depending on your needs and circumstances. Here are some factors to consider:
- New Collection Releases: If you're waiting for a particular collection or style to be released, keep an eye on the release dates from your preferred retailers.
- Delivery Timeframe: Consider when you need your furniture delivered. Ordering well in advance ensures you receive your items in time for outdoor enjoyment.
- Immediate Needs: Sometimes, you may require extra seating or need to replace a damaged piece. In such cases, you can buy as needed.
However, as a general rule of thumb, it's advisable to start shopping for garden furniture between February and March. Buying before the official start of the garden season in spring provides you with the most extensive selection and ensures guaranteed stock availability.
Don't Let the Weather Deter You
The unpredictable British weather might make early furniture shopping seem unappealing, but it shouldn't discourage you. Proper protective measures like covers and storage solutions can keep your new furniture safe, clean, and protected from the elements. Many retailers also offer storage options, so you can buy in advance and have them store your table until you're ready to enjoy it.
Diverse Range of Bed Types and Styles in the UK
Here are some popular types of beds available:
- Ambassador Beds: Ambassador beds typically represent a luxurious and elegant style. These beds often feature intricate designs, high-quality materials, and exquisite craftsmanship, making them a statement piece in any bedroom.
- Bespoke Beds: Bespoke beds are custom-made to your specifications. They are designed to meet your unique requirements, ensuring a perfect fit for your bedroom in size, style, and materials.
- Chesterfield Beds: Chesterfield beds are known for their classic and timeless design. They often feature deep-buttoned upholstery and rolled arms, creating a sophisticated and traditional look.
- Ottoman Beds: Ottoman beds are practical and space-saving solutions. They have a storage compartment beneath the mattress, which can be easily lifted to access the storage space, making them ideal for bedrooms with limited space.
- Panel Beds: Panel beds have a decorative headboard with panels, creating an elegant and refined appearance. They come in various traditional and contemporary styles to match different bedroom aesthetics.
- Wingback Beds: Wingback beds have a distinctive winged headboard design that provides style and extra comfort. The wings on the headboard are not only aesthetically pleasing but also offer a cosy and sheltered feeling.
- Luxury Beds: Luxury beds are designed with the utmost attention to detail and use premium materials. They often feature opulent upholstery, intricate detailing, and superior craftsmanship, providing a luxurious sleeping experience.
- Wall Panel Beds: Wall panel beds have an integrated or attached wall panel behind the headboard. These panels can serve as decorative and functional elements, such as providing extra storage or housing built-in lighting.
When shopping for luxury beds in the UK, consider your personal style, bedroom space, and comfort preferences to choose the bed type that suits you best. Additionally, many reputable furniture stores and manufacturers offer a wide range of bed options, allowing you to find the perfect bed to enhance your bedroom's ambience.
Shopping New Collections
For those who love keeping up with the latest outdoor furniture trends and designs, it's essential to know that retailers often allow pre-orders for new collections before they arrive. These launches can happen at various times during the year but generally occur before the official garden season starts in spring. To stay informed about new collections, consider ordering an Outdoor Furniture Catalogue in advance, following brands on social media, or subscribing to newsletters.
Waiting for Sales
If you're looking to save on your outdoor furniture purchases, sales events are something to consider. Sales can happen throughout the year, but specific sale periods like Black Friday and Winter Sales exist. However, some famous and bestselling collections may not often be discounted. You can also explore clearance sections for ex-display sets or furniture that's being discontinued to make way for new readers.
The timing of your garden furniture purchase in the UK depends on your unique needs and preferences. From February to March, shopping provides the broadest selection and ensures you get the pieces you want before they sell out. Don't let the weather deter you; protective measures can safeguard your investment. Keep an eye on new collection releases and consider sales events if you want deals. You can create an inviting and stylish outdoor space to enjoy the beautiful British weather by making informed choices.
How to Clean Garden Furniture
Maintaining your garden furniture is essential to ensure it lasts and looks suitable for years. With different materials requiring specific cleaning methods, knowing how to clean your outdoor furniture correctly is vital. Here are some tips on cleaning different types of outdoor furniture.
General Cleaning Tips
Before diving into material-specific cleaning, some general tips apply to all types of garden furniture:
- Dish Soap and Water: A warm water and dish soap mixture is a good starting point for cleaning most outdoor furniture.
- Sponges and Brushes: Use sponges with rough and smooth sides for effective cleaning. Brushes, such as old toothbrushes, can help reach tight spots.
- Rinse Thoroughly: After cleaning, rinse the furniture with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Dry Properly: For furniture with glass or smooth surfaces, use a cloth to dry it to avoid streaks.
Now, let's delve into cleaning methods for specific materials commonly used for outdoor furniture:
Wooden Garden Furniture
Cleaning wooden garden furniture is relatively straightforward but requires care to avoid damaging the wood. Here's how to do it:
- Brush Away Dirt: Use a small bristle brush or toothbrush to remove dirt and mildew.
- Light Sanding: For stains or splinters, lightly sand the surface.
- Soapy Water: Mix detergent with water and wipe the furniture.
- Rinse: Rinse with a hose, a clean sponge, and a bucket of water.
- Seal the Wood: After drying, apply a wood sealer to protect and maintain the wood's quality.
Metal Garden Furniture
Cleaning metal garden seating is also relatively simple. Follow these steps:
- Avoid Abrasives: Avoid abrasive brushes; a soft bristle brush is best.
- Soapy Water: Use soapy water and a sponge or cloth for cleaning.
- Remove Rust: If there are rust spots, use a rust remover for metal furniture.
- Seal the Metal: Apply a clear metal sealant to prevent future rust.
Rattan Garden Furniture
Rattan furniture requires gentle care to avoid weakening the glue bonds. Here's how to clean it:
- Remove Loose Dirt: Use a vacuum with a small nozzle to remove loose debris.
- Spot Cleaning: Use a toothpick to scratch it off carefully for stubborn dirt.
- Soapy Water: Wipe the furniture with warm, soapy water using a cloth or sponge.
- Dry in Sunlight: Allow the furniture to dry in the sun.
- Apply Linseed Oil: If the table looks tired, apply warm linseed oil to rejuvenate it.
Plastic Garden Furniture
Plastic garden seating is easy to clean and maintain. Follow these steps:
- Brush Away Debris: Use a stiff bristle brush to remove moss or dirt.
- Soapy Water: Wash the furniture with soap and water.
- Plastic Restorer: To rejuvenate faded areas, use a plastic restorer.
- Buff with Cloth: Buff the table with a soft cloth to remove excess restorer.
When to Clean Garden Furniture
Cleaning your garden seating can prolong its life. It's best to clean it a few times a year, especially before and after the garden season (spring and autumn). Regular cleaning makes it easier to address any issues promptly and keeps your outdoor space looking its best.
Knowing how to clean garden furniture correctly ensures that it remains in good condition and enhances your outdoor living experience. Following these cleaning tips, you can enjoy your garden seating for years.
3 Ideas for Small Gardens
Designing and decorating a small garden can be challenging, but with the right ideas, you can create a stunning outdoor space even in limited areas. Here are three ideas for small gardens:
- Flexible Furniture: Opt for space-saving, flexible furniture like stackable chairs, bar stools, and foldable tables that you can easily store when not in use. It allows you to maximize your space without overcrowding it.
- Vertical Gardens: When ground space is limited, consider vertical gardening. Use hanging planters, trellises, and climbing plants to use vertical surfaces and add greenery. Vertical gardens save space and create an exciting and vibrant atmosphere.
- Accessory Essentials: Use carefully placed accessories like lanterns, lights, and decorative items to create optical illusions that make your garden appear larger and more inviting. Proper lighting can brighten dark corners, making your small garden more open and welcoming.
With these ideas, you can transform your small garden into a beautiful outdoor oasis. Remember that creativity knows no bounds, even in limited spaces.